Vincent in China

To content | To menu | To search

Thursday, September 24 2009

Residence permit application

Today was the day in Wuhan University of Technology for foreign students to register for Residence Permit (understand a Visa for student staying more than 6 months in China). So you can ask, why the hell do you need a residence permit since your internship is a little less than 6 months. The answer lies in the fact I already stayed 1 month before the official beginning date of my internship, with a touristic Visa, so at the end of my internship I would have stayed 7 months in a row, which requires a Residence Permit.

To obtain a residence permit, you need a proof of your application in the university, pass a medical examination in an hospital (blood routines, chest X=Rays, others little exams)

So there was an appointment in the East campus for all the new students who had to get their permit residence, in a meeting room, with the international office teachers and also the policemen from entry/exit police station.

After a powerpoint about Chinese law and the fact that we should really not "get drunken" or smoke drug, we went in line to check the application materials, leave the passport and files then pay.

It should take less than 2 weeks to have my residence permit, I'll explain more precisely the different steps to get in another article.

Saturday, July 25 2009

Visa obtained

My Visa for China is made, after a touristic Visa to be in China one month before my internship, and then extend it as a F Visa during my long stay in China.

There is only three places in France to obtain a Chinese Visa, depending on your residence area. Paris, Strasbourg and Marseille are the three only cities where you can obtain a Visa. All you need to obtain your Visa depends on its type, you can check the requirements by clicking the link below.

Keep in mind that if you ask for a single entry Visa, once entered in China, you cannot go anywhere else around (neither Hong Kong nor Macau), so think of asking for a multiple entry Visa, else you'll to buy new entries in China, which is not so easy.